Saturday, February 6, 2010

Beautiful Snowstorm Photos

This morning, Ian and I and our trusty collie, Cody, went out hiking in the woods to enjoy the beautiful miracle of a sunny day after a heavy snow. What made this snow particularly beautiful was the fact that the snow was heavy, sticking to the tree limbs like gingerbread frosting, and the wind had blown at a good clip, thus enrobing lots of vertical surfaces in the icy white mixture as well. I found myself stopping numerous times during our walk, unable to fully take in all the details of the spectacle, even at our ambling pace.










Normally, we'd be walking at a slightly faster clip, as we're usually following Cody and his speedy nose as he picks up a scent, but he was moving much slower than usual, still, I suspect, suffering the effects of his recent bout of life threatening pneumonia. It will be awhile, I think, before he gets his energy and stamina back; I never thought  I would be so happy to hear him bark as I am now.

Anyway, here are some photos from or hike though the beautiful woods of the Eagle Creek Valley. Hard to believe that in a couple of months, it will be covered with a carpet of Virgina Bluebells.

1 comment:

  1. i enjoyed your story. we were blessed with the same beauty on the few country roads that "evasive suburbia" has left us.

    ReplyDelete